The Association shall be called as Alumni Association, Pakistan Institute of
Fashion and Design (PIFD), Lahore.
The office of the Association shall be located at the Pakistan Institute of
Fashion and Design (PIFD), Lahore.
- To promote understanding and contact among the alumni.
- To provide opportunity for participation of the alumni in national
planning for research and development in the field of Art and Design
- To disseminate day to day achievements taking place in the field.
- To work for betterment and uplift of the University and profession.
Membership of the Association shall be open to:
- All the graduates and postgraduates of Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design (PIFD), Lahore.
- All the teachers of Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design (PIFD), Lahore.
- All members shall be life members.
- Honorary membership for persons who have contributed for the uplift of the Institute.
The amount of subscription for a member shall be fixed by the Executive Committee (to start with, it shall be Rs.1,000/- for alumni in Pakistan and $ 100 for alumni working abroad).
Source of Income:
- Membership fee.
- Donations by alumni.
- Funds provided by the Institute.
- Donations from individuals and organizations.
Utilization of Funds:
The funds shall be utilized for carrying out the objectives of the Association.
The Executive Committee:
The Executive Committee shall consist of the following:
- President (Elected)
- One Vice President (Elected).
- General Secretary (who shall be nominated by the Vice Chancellor from amongst the alumni of teaching staff of the Institute).
- Information Secretary (Elected).
- Treasurer of the Association shall be elected from amongst the teacher members of PIFD, Lahore.
- Six Executive members to be elected by the members of the Association (one member from each province and one each from AJK and Northern Areas).
Selection/Election of Executive Committee:
The Executive Committee shall be elected for two years time on the occasion of annual general meeting which shall be ordinarily held in December at the Institute Campus.
Quorum of General Body and Executive Committee:
- One half members shall form quorum for holding a meeting of the Executive Committee.
- The quorum for a general body meeting shall be 50 % of the registered members.
Duties and powers of the office Bearers:
- To preside over the annual gatherings and all other such meetings of the Association.
- To sanction all expenditure required for running the affairs of the Association.
- To call the meetings of the Executive Committee and chalk out programs to be organized under the auspices of the Association.
- To issue necessary instructions to the office bearers for carrying out day to day work of the Association.
- To delegate his/her powers to any member(s) for performing functions of the Association.
(b) Vice President:
- Senior Vice President shall use the powers of the President in his/her absence and in the absence of Senior Vice President, the Vice President shall preside over the meetings.
(c) General Secretary:
- To record the minutes of all meetings of the Association and to get approval of the minutes from the President.
- To arrange all such functions of the Association which the President or Executive Committee may ask him to do.
- To maintain all records relevant to the Association.
- To call meetings of Executive Committee of the Association and the Annual General Meeting with the prior approval of the President.
- Maintain a register of registered members and get it published every year by the Secretariat of the Association.
- To maintain record of income and expenditure of the Association.
- To prepare annual budget of the Association and present the same to the house the Executive Committee.
The Treasurer and the General Secretary shall jointly operate the accounts.
Amendment(s) in Constitution:
No amendment can be made in the constitution of the Association except in a General Body Meeting where at least three fourth of the members present must vote for the amendment proposed before it can be adopted.
PRIVILEGES FOR MEMBER ALUMNI
Life Time Membership Certificate
Your membership certificate, your PIFD identity. Being part of the PIFD alumni family, you are entitled to the Alumni Certificate. It is one that identifies you with PIFD, now and in years to come. Rejoice in your PIFD identity and start your lifelong connection with your alma mater.
- We keep you in touch with your alma mater by updating you about programs and activities going on in the Institute.
- News Bulletin/e-newsletter is your complete source for timely and relevant information. Each issue shall be packed with news, upcoming alumni events, continuing learning opportunities, faculty updates, graduate profiles and more. Best of all, it shall be delivered right to your desktop.
The Alumni Association has formal and informal alumni groups across the world called branches/chapters. The purpose of branches and chapters is to support alumni networking by holding special events and co-hosting activities with other organizations and companies. Activities range from career networking events and speaker symposiums to comedy nights. If you would like to get involved, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or gave us a call on +92-42-99232951-57.
Alumni can take advantage of services such as the career fairs, individual consultations and the on-line job board. Student Employment Services resources are specifically designed to assist you in your career planning and job search.
Annual Re-union and Social Activities:
A host of activities and gatherings shall be organized by the General Secretary of Alumni Association. All these shall offer ample opportunities for networking and social interaction with your fellow alumni. Do keep a look out for our events announcements in our monthly News Bulletin.
Guided Campus Tour:
If you are planning a trip to your alma mater, PIFD, after a long period of time, do email us and we will be pleased to arrange for a campus tour where you will get to see the latest developments and new initiatives on campus. Special guided tour of various departments and new initiatives will be arranged for you.
Special Admission Quota for Children of Registered Alumni:
In today’s competitive environment, PIFD do care of its Alumni, special admission quota for the children of registered members.
Invitation in Major Events:
Registered members with Alumni Association will be invited in major events for participation, this is to strengthen and keep our relations alive.
Access to Campus Library and Computer Laboratory:
All Members of the Alumni Association are able to access to the library and computer laboratories free of charge once they have obtained their Alumni Association Card.