Mr Azam Jamal
Principal, College of Design, Multan
H.No 1, Multan Public School Road, Link Bosan Road, Multan
"I feel pleased to be welcoming you in the College of Design, Multan and for considering it as milestone of your professional career in the field of Textile Design, and Ceramic and Glassware. Both disciplines are well known and Multan has its unique distinction among others. College of Design, Multan has opened new opportunities for the new generation to recognize themselves for local and international market as well as for their own entrepreneurship."
The college is offering the following 4-year bachelorâs degree programme:
- Department of Textile Design
Students enrolled in any of the above programmes first attend a common foundation year programme, after which they pursue their respective degree programmes. All programmes are semester-based with two semesters each year for the duration of four years.
Foundation Year Studies
The Foundation Year introduces students to the study of design both in theory and practice. The course includes a broad spectrum of skills which enable the students to identify with design tools and processes, materials to develop suitable design ideas. The core feature of this programmes offers an exciting opportunity to experiment, investigate, explore and evaluate.
The course provides an integral base for students to pursue their majors degree. The teaching methodology allows students to understand design through lectures, seminars, hands-on studio interaction, market research, group studies and projects.
The college will become unrivalled in Pakistan like its parent institute (Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design) when it comes to the international exposure it provides to its students. The students of programmes, currently offered at the college, can go abroad on exchange programmes in the third year of their education.
For the new programmes, the college is currently in talk with the various universities around the world for exchange and training programmes.
Mr. Azam Jamal, BFA-Hunerkada, Lahore. BA Fine Arts, Punjab University, Lahore. MA (Hons) Visual Arts, NCA, Lahore.
- Ms. Bushra Obaid (Lecturer)
- Ms. Reema Baig
- Ms. Bushra Hafeez
- Ms. Sahar Akhtar
- Ms. Sarah Zahoor
- Ms. Sehrish Rafique
- Mr. Yasir Hanif(Lecturer)
- Mr. Fayza Saleem
- Ms. Maryum Urooj
- Mr. Muhammad Mujtaba - Visiting Lecturer (Drawing)
- Mr. Nazar A.Kazmi - Visiting Lecturer (Drawing)
- Mr. Rehan Iqbal - Visiting Lecturer (Drawing)
- Mr. Muhammad Usman Javaid - Visiting Lecturer (Drawing)
- Ms. Nadia Ejaz - Visiting Lecturer (Drawing)
- Mr. Hussain Raza Naqvi - Visiting Lecturer (Drawing)
- Mr. Abdul Rehman Arif - Visiting Lecturer (Drawing)
- Mr. Allah Bux Faridi - Visiting Lecturer (Drawing)
- Ms. Iram Fayyaz Mir - Visiting Lecturer (Drawing)
- Ms. Sumaira Mehboob - Visiting Lecturer (Drawing)